Re: [AMBER] ptraj, alignment, and rmsd

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:17:06 -0400

if you don't specify a reference, then you need to tell it what
structure to use (such as the "first" keyword). For nofit, no fitting
is done at all and if a fit was never done earlier in the script, the
results can be arbitrary. When a fit is done, it is only to minimize
the rmsd for the atoms in the mask. Tom Cheatham would have to say the
specific algorithm but likely it's the standard kabsch one. you can
select mass weighting I believe, but otherwise all pairs are treated
equally.