Re: [AMBER] Estimation of free energy of solvation ?

From: Ignacio J. General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:45:30 -0400

Dear Marek:

I believe that, usually, people using MM/PBSA use very approximate
models for the entropic contribution, since it is generally not as
important as the energetic part. I won't comment on those methods
because I haven't used them. But if you are interested in using an (in
principle) exact and relatively straight forward method for entropy, I
would strongly point you in the direction of the so-called
Hypothetical Scanning Molecular Dynamics (HSMD) method. You can find
some information about it in the web page of Prof. Meirovitch,
http://www.ccbb.pitt.edu/Faculty/meirovitch/index.htm.

Regards,

Ignacio