Re: [AMBER] secstruct analysis

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:16:40 +0200

Well, you WRITE that your input file asks for trajin md20.mdcrd
but the ptraj output says otherwise:

> PTRAJ: trajin m19.mdcrd
> Checking coordinates: m19.mdcrd
> Could not process trajectory m19.mdcrd

So, the answer is that your input is NOT what you claim it is.

I would make sure that the md*.mdcrd files are for sure in that same
directory. ptraj is unable to find at least the 19 one.

Adrian

On 6/14/11 9:12 AM, fatahiya wrote:
> i'm trying to do secondary structure analysis
> my input file is:
>
> trajin md20.mdcrd
> secstruct out md20.ss time 0.2 :1-20
>
> the output is:
>
> \-/
> -/- PTRAJ: a utility for processing trajectory files
> /-\
> \-/ Version: "AMBER 11.0 integrated" (4/2010)
> -/- Executable is: "ptraj"
> /-\ Running on 1 processor(s)
> \-/ Residue labels:
>
> ASN LEU TYR ILE GLN TRP LEU LYS ASP GLY
> GLY PRO SER SER GLY ARG PRO PRO PRO SER
> Cl- WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT
> WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT
> WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT
>
> Setting box to be an exact truncated octahedron, angle is 109.471221
>
> PTRAJ: Processing input from "STDIN" ...
>
> PTRAJ: trajin m19.mdcrd
> Checking coordinates: m19.mdcrd
> Could not process trajectory m19.mdcrd
>
> PTRAJ: secstruct out md19.ss :1-20 time 0.2
> Mask [:1-20] represents 304 atoms
> WARNING in ptraj(): No input trajectories specified (trajin), aborting...
>
> can anybody help me how to do secstruct analysis?

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
on Sabbatical in Barcelona until August 2011.
Email roitberg.ufl.edu