Re: [AMBER] keyword ref

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:55:33 -0400

Hi,

I presume you are referring to the keywords for the 'rmsd' action. You
can specify an external reference structure for an rms command in
three different ways:

refindex <#>: Use reference structure read in by a previous "reference
<filename>" command, where <#> is the order the reference was read in.
ref <filename>: Use reference structure read in by a previous
"reference <filename>" command.
reference: Short for "refindex 0" (first reference structure read in),
included for backwards compatibility with ptraj.

For example, given the script:

trajin mdcrd
reference ref1.rst7
reference ref2.rst7
rmsd reference :1-10 out r1.dat
rmsd refindex 1 :1-10 out r2.dat
rmsd ref ref2.rst7 :1-10 out r2.dat

The first rms command will use ref1.rst7 as a reference, and the last
two rms commands will use ref2.rst7 as an index. See the manual for
more details. Let me know if you still have questions.

-Dan