Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 and AmberTools 1.5 on Debian 6

From: Jiri Wiesner <wiesner.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:59:46 +0200

Dear Siavoush,
Debian 6 is a very good choice, but what is more important is the compiler. You might use the GNU gcc compiler suite which works well, but the intel compilers are the best for this kind of job. The version 11.1.072 works for me. Interestingly, version 11.1.073 fails with such a nice error during linking:

/usr/local/intel/Compiler/11.1/073/lib/intel64/libirc.a(cpu_disp.o) is
referenced by DSO ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on
output make[1]: *** [pbsa] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory
`/sl4/wiesner/compiling/amber11/AmberTools/src/pbsa' make: *** [serial]
Error 2

So, if you get to see something like this, do not lose hope and try a
different compiler version ;-).
Cheers,
Jiri Wiesner