Re: [AMBER] Issues with Generating Prep File from Gaussian output using Antechamber

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:27:17 -0400

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011, Vivek Shankar Bharadwaj wrote:

> I am using Antechamber for generating my prep file...
>
> For all my molecules (Non aromatic) it is working fine. But for a toluene
> radical it gives me the following error.

Antechamber (and GAFF) only work for closed-shell molecules. You're pretty
much on your own to generate a force field that will work for a radical
species. The quantum calculations you've done are probably a good start,
since you have a geometry, but the atom types and bond/angle/dihedral
parameters around the radical center will require hand optimization.

....good luck...dac