[AMBER] RED

From: Seibold, Stephen <Seibold79.stmary.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 21:11:43 +0000

I believe the RED web site directs questions about it to be directed here..right? If not can you tell me where to go.

Anyway, I have installed RED-vIII.4. and now I need to install GAMESS or GAUSSIAN. I have two questions:
1) Does RED work with G09? and the newest version of GAMESS?
2) Does running RED (RED-vIII.4.pl) take special knowledge of GAMESS or GAUSSIAN? That is once GAMESS has been installed properly, does RED (the pearl code) utilize GAMESS or GAUSSIAN independently of me in the background. Thus, I don't have to set up GAMESS or GAUSSIAN to interface with RED???

Thanks for your help.
Steve