[AMBER] Keep getting LINMIN error. Not sure how to progress.

From: I.Haldoupis <ih2g09.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:27:00 +0100

Dear Amber users,

As a part of reproducing some published work I need to minimize, using
implicit solvation, a ligand in a protein keeping the protein
constrained. Unfortunately I get the LINMIN error

".... RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN FAILURE ...

     ***** REPEATED LINMIN FAILURE ***** "

Looking through the mailing list I see it is a re-occurring issue and
that there isn't a clear solution. I tried changing things such as
increasing ncyc to 1000, or excluding the gbsa term, or expressing the
restrain using the 'restraint_wt' and 'restraintmask' options, however I
still get the same error eventually.
I tried running it using xmin minimization (ntmin option 3) using the
defaults, but terminated early - not sure if that is related to the
default convergence criterion for the energy gradient (drms option under
xmin).

I am just learning Amber and any help would be much appreciated.

Please find below my original minimization input file.

Minimization with constrained protein
&cntrl
imin=1, maxcyc=5000, ncyc=100,
ntpr=1,