Re: [AMBER] deleting protein atoms from prmtop topology files using rdparm

From: Chris Chris <alpharecept.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:29:25 -0700 (PDT)

It's always easiest to work with PDB files rather than topology files. When
working with PDB files where you want to get rid of waters, learn how to use the
'sed' command in unix if you already don't know how. For example, one can delete
all of the waters in a file by using

sed '/WAT/,d$'

this will delete all the waters in your pdb fike, provided all of your protein
and/or nucleic acid data is included before the waters. My work demands that I
extensively edit PDB files and find such commands to be great time savers. Now
you can go into leap and make your new .top and .crd files.