Re: [AMBER] Ptraj crashes and Hbond analysis

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:16:15 -0400

Dear Dr. Cheatham,

I actually have a follow-up question as well: Could you (or anyone on the
Amber mailing list) point me to an archive email or online resource
explaining the difference between lifetime and occupancy? I ask this
question because I made a mistake with the "time" command. Each frame is 1ps
for my simulations, but I mistakenly set the "time" keyword to 200.

I was also wondering how to interpret the graphical schematic for lifetime.
I understand that each symbol represents an Hbond that is fulfilled for a
specific percentage, but what does that percentage mean, exactly? As in, the
"." sign represents 95-100% occupancy, but in the graphical schematic there
could be about 15 strung together.

I know there are plenty of lengthy answers in the AMBER mailing list
archive, but I just haven't been able to find them again.

Thank you all very much,

Kamali Sripathi