Re: [AMBER] Parallel amber11 Installation FAIL

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:13:12 -0700

What does "mpif90 -show" return?

Does it return the compiler that you specified at configure time? The error
suggests to me that line 320 of mpif90 (which should be a wrapper script
written in sh or python or something) is trying to invoke /usr/bin/f90 as
the Fortran compiler, which it can't find. At this point, I'm predicting
either a messed up MPICH2 installation or an improper environment setup. If
this is your own personal computer, try using amber11's configure_mpich2
script to build mpich2 alongside Amber11. If it's a compute cluster, seek
documentation about compiling MPI-capable software. If such documentation
doesn't exist, bug your system admin about it.

As this does not appear to be an Amber issue, it's likely that the support
we can offer is limited.

Hope this helps,
Jason

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM, David Cantu <cantudav.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber Users/Developers,
>
> Thank you for your help with installing serial Amber, but now the "make
> parallel" wont work.
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> cpp -traditional -P -DBINTRAJ -DMPI -I/include constants.f > _constants.f
> mpif90 -c -O3 -ffree-form -o constants.o _constants.f
> /opt/mpich2/bin/mpif90: line 320: /usr/bin/f90: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [constants.o] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/working002b/chem_eng3/dcantu/amber11/src/sander'
> make: *** [parallel] Error 2
>

> Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David