Re: [AMBER] MM/PBSA (Problem in snapshot generation)

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:06:34 +0100

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Dwight McGee <dwight.mcgee.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please correct me if I wrong here but the way I have understood what you
> are trying to do is calculate the binding of two different ligands when the
> other is bound to the complex.

Yes, this is the way I am trying to compute the energy of one ligand.

> How did you arrive at the conclusion that the
> snapshots were made incorrectly (did an error occur when trying to
> calculate
> the binding affinity)?

There was no error during the run but when I visualize the generated .crd
with corresponding prm file, ligands are distorted.

> One error could be that you are not using the correct
> topology file with the .crd generated by mmpbsa.pl when viewing the
> structure in for example VMD/Pymol or etc.

I generated a pdb file from the simulation of the complex. Now, all the
water molecule were deleted. five files (complex, receptor+lig2, rec+lig1,
lig1, lig2) were save separately, and these PDB were used to generate prm
files. I used same the ff which I used in running simulation.