Re: [AMBER] can I calculate binding energy with some restraints

From: Mahmoud Soliman <mahmoudelkot.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:40:24 +0200

   Thanks Case for your comment!
   Best wishes
   On 3/21/11 7:23 PM, case wrote:

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011, Mahmoud Soliman wrote:

   I need to calculate the binding energy for some synthesized ligands in our
   lap with some artificial enzyme (which I simulate as well). the problem is
   that I notice these ligands does not stick to the protein (as it appear in
   X-ray structure that we developed also in our lap) in a free MD simulation.

You won't be able to estimate the binding energies if the bound complex is not
stable in an MD simulation. You *might* use restraints to force binding, and
study resultant snapshots for clues as to why the ligand is not happy in the
binding site.

....dac

   Mahmoud E. Soliman

   Computational Chemistry & Modeling (PhD)

   Department of Chemistry

   University of Bath

   Bath

   BA2 7AY

   United Kingdom

   [3]http://people.bath.ac.uk/mess20/

   [4]http://www.bath.ac.uk/person/812559

   Mahmoud E. Soliman

   Lecturer of pharmaceutical organic chemistry

   Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry Dept.

   Faculty of pharmacy

   Zagazig University

   Zagazig