Re: [AMBER] protein charge

From: Astrid Maaß <astrid.maass.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:23:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi Z.O,

when I count the charges of your protein I find 25 positively charged standard residues (ARG + LYS, no HIP) and 19 negatively charged ones (GLU, ASP), yielding your expected net charge of +6. However there appear to be three non-standard residues present: deprotonated, i.e. negatively charged cysteine (CYM, surrounding a Zn-atom). These could account for the observed lower net charge of +3.

Kind regards
 Astrid