Re: [AMBER] Amber11 on osx using port and gcc4.5

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:31:17 -0400

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011, Joachim Reichelt wrote:

> I want to run NMR module on my OSX 10.6.6 machine (snowleopard)
> I got 4(?) errors at make test

The current error counting is very conservative, and just looks for all
occurrences of the word "error" in the log file. You in fact have only two
errors.

I'm no help in figuring out why, however. Your configuration looks exactly
like mine (and lots of others who develop and use Amber on macs). Maybe
someone on the list will recognize the symptoms.

> Namelist reports error in reading noeexp

You may have to play around with the noeexp namelist in the test case, to see
if you can localize which entry is causing the error. Some (many) compilers
give very poor error messages when namelist reads fail, so old-fashioned
debugging tools may be needed.

....dac