Re: [AMBER] strip command usage in ptraj

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:23:26 +0100

Hi

First, have you tried this same ptraj input WITHOUT the strip commands
and see how many frames you have ?

Second, how do you know there are only 893 frames instead of 5000 ?

On 3/13/11 4:14 PM, asakiayumikio.gmail.com wrote:
> Dear AMBER Mailing List,
>
> I have simulated the prod. process for 20ns, before the analysis is carried out, i just want to transfer the mdcrd file to binpos.
>
> and in trajin file i just want to use strip command to remove the wat and Cl-. however, i just want to keep one wat molecular for Hbond contaction analysis, so i write the input file as this:
>
> trajin 1.mdcrd
> trajin 2.mdcrd
> trajin 3.mdcrd
> trajin 4.mdcrd
> trajin 5.mdcrd
> trajin 6.mdcrd
> trajin 7.mdcrd
> trajin 8.mdcrd
> trajin 9.mdcrd
> trajin 10.mdcrd
>
> strip :179-5156
> strip :Cl-
>
> trajout A.binpos binpos
>
> the one molecular i want to keep is residue 178, but when i process this, it becomes wrong that the binpos file only contains 893 frames, while it should go to 5000.
>
> Then i check the input file and change the output to mdcrd, and the problem still exists.
>
> could you give the script how to deal with this problem?
>
> thank you for your kind answer!
>
> Best regards
>
> asakiayumikio.gmail.com
> 2011-03-13

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
on Sabbatical in Barcelona until August 2011.
Email roitberg.ufl.edu