Re: [AMBER] sander.MPI running on 8 nodes or 1??

From: colvin <colvin4367.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:13:57 +0800

Hi,

before running parallel job, i type mpd & then setenv DO_PARALLEL 'mpirun
-np 8'

is there anything wrong?

i compile amber parallel with:
./configure_amber -mpich2 gfortran
make parallel

mpich2version:

MPICH2 Version: 1.2.1p1
MPICH2 Release date: Unknown, built on Wed Feb 16 10:26:18 MYT 2011
MPICH2 Device: ch3:nemesis
MPICH2 configure: --prefix=/opt/mpich2
MPICH2 CC: gcc -O2
MPICH2 CXX: c++ -O2
MPICH2 F77: g77 -O2
MPICH2 F90: f95 -O2

I tried using lam following the manual but it turned out to be the same,
when top, there are 8 sander.MPI but the output indicate that running in one
node.

Pls assist.

Thanks and regards,
Colvin