Re: [AMBER] xleap not installed

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:13:47 -0500

Hi Sonali,

On 7/3/2011, at 1:15 a.m., sonali dhindwal wrote:

> I have installed Amber on
>
> Linux version 2.6.18-8.el5 (brewbuilder.ls20-bc1-14.build.redhat.com) (gcc versi
> on 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52))
>
> I tried the command you told in ur reply
> ln -s libXext.so.6.4.0 libXext.so
> it is giving following:
> ln: creating symbolic link `libXext.so' to `libXext.so.6.4.0': File exists
>
> Please help

This message indicates that you don't need to do anything further regarding libXext.

In general, I encourage you to find out how to install the xorg-x11 development libraries on your system. We at the Amber list can't offer much assistance there: We don't know your computer as well as you do. There are many places on the Internet that will be in a better position to provide instructions for how to set up your RHEL5 box for X11 development - which is most likely what you need. We certainly won't be able to provide you with step-by-step instructions for the X11 installation.

Also, if we're to be able to help you with Amber-specific things, you'll need to let us know what output you got (e.g., from
"configure gnu"). It's not enough to say things didn't work. If you don't have the output from the "configure" command, please re-run it, redirecting the output to a file, like so:

(./configure gnu 2>&1) | tee amber-config.log

and then let us know if amber-config.log contains any errors or warnings.

(If you used another compiler instead of the GNU compilers, you'll need to change your configure command appropriately.)

Hope that helps,

Ben

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.