Re: [AMBER] Showing torsion energy as a function of angle

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:23:11 -0500

you need to clearly differentiate between energy of the dihedral cosine
series, and energy of the molecule as you rotate the bond. they aren't the
same (because the energy as you rotate has many contributions). the former
can be calculated with some equations and the appropriate parameters, the
latter needs an actual MM calculation as you rotate the bond.