[AMBER] non standard Alanine

From: Massimiliano Porrini <M.Porrini.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:41:59 +0000

Dear all,

I would need to model a 8 residues long peptide, whose first (N-term) residue
is the D-isomer of the Alanine and whose C-terminus is capped with -NH2 group.

I would like ask you the following questions:

- Is there any residue name recognized by tleap that I could use for
the capping group -NH2?
- How can I change the improper torsion parameters for the D-Ala
residue in order to keep it as D-isomer?

If the answer to both questions is "antechamber" I would throw another
question and a following
consideration:

- Does antechamber re-calculate the parameters even for the standard
amino acids present in my peptide?

I have already run antechamber and as far as I read on the manual in
my case I should use the
option `-at amber`, since my peptide has only the D-Ala as
non-standard amino acid.

But when I edit the .prm file produced I see only one type of residue:
i.e. Ala (which was the first
in the sequence).
And if I run `ambpdb`, the sequence of the output pdb has only the
name `ALA` for all the residues.

Does this mean that standard amino acids of my peptide are
re-parametrized through antechamber?

Any hint and suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
MP

--
Dr Massimiliano Porrini