Re: [AMBER] nonbonding parameters

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:35:19 -0500

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>wrote:

> So it looks like it is a polarization factor - from the tutorial by
> Ross Walker on parametrizing a novel residue he omits any value here
> so for ordinary MD simulation the polarization effects are omitted?

Yes. Amber's polariz(s)able force field is amoeba, so these parameters have
no meaning outside of that context. You can find the full format
specification of *most* amber files at http://ambermd.org/formats.html.

This includes the parameter files, prmtop files, etc.

Hope this helps,
Jason

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have parametrized a new residue and needed to change the naming of
> > some of the atoms in the lib file so I am add the missing parameters.
> > I am not quite sure where to find the "nonbonding" interaction terms.
> > The residue I am trying to parametrize is a modified water molecule
> > and in the parm99.dat file I find the following parameters for TIP3P
> >
> > MOD4 RE
> >
> > OW 1.7683 0.1520 TIP3P water model
> > HW 0.0000 0.0000 TIP3P water model
> >
> > What is the MOD4 and RE section?
> >
> > The first part second column
> >
> > PARM99 for DNA,RNA,AA, organic molecules, TIP3P wat. Polariz.& LP
> incl.02/04/99
> > C 12.01 0.616 ! sp2 C carbonyl group
> > CA 12.01 0.360 sp2 C pure aromatic (benzene)
> >
> > what does the second column mean?
> >

> > Thanks,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida