Re: [AMBER] Probelm with antechamber for resp charge derivation

From: Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:27:30 -0600

Dear , Francois,

I have attached the molecule in jpg format. The system is a salt whose
charge is neutralized by 4 Br- anions. I have a couple of questions:

[1] Do I need to include the Br- anions in making the paramter file..,
but the exact position of the Br- is unknown...

[2] when I optimize at HF/6-31G*, do i need to include the Br- anion..

Also from literature, Br- aninons helps to maintain the stacked form
of the two pyrene rings,
But when I optimzed, without Br- aninons, the molecules moving away..

Thanks
Rajesh Raju