[AMBER] PTRAJ and segmentation faults

From: Seibold, Stephen <Seibold79.stmary.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:56:03 +0000

Hi users
I am having problems with the latest ToolSet version. I tried running "contacts" in ptraj and keep getting a "segmentation fault". I am sending you my input file and log file.

Am I doing something wrong? I also tried using a PDB as input instead of .mdcrd, but it also gave me the segmentation fault.

INPUT:

trajin RNAP_openMD39_42.mdcrd

center :1-2495 mass origin
image origin center familiar

contacts first byresidue out contact.txt time 10 distance 5.0 .CD

go

OUTPUT LOG FILE:

\-/
  -/- PTRAJ: a utility for processing trajectory files
  /-\
  \-/ Version: "AMBER 11.0 integrated" (4/2010)
  -/- Executable is: "ptraj"
  /-\ Running on 1 processor(s)
  \-/ Residue labels:

MET GLU ILE LYS ARG PHE GLY ARG ILE ARG
 GLU VAL ILE PRO LEU PRO PRO LEU THR GLU
 ILE GLN VAL GLU SER TYR ARG ARG ALA LEU
 GLN ALA ASP VAL PRO PRO GLU LYS ARG GLU
 ASN VAL GLY ILE GLN ALA ALA PHE ARG GLU
 THR PHE PRO ILE GLU GLU GLU ASP LYS GLY
 LYS GLY GLY LEU VAL LEU ASP PHE LEU GLU
 TYR ARG LEU GLY GLU PRO PRO PHE PRO GLN

WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT

 PRMTOP does not contain %FLAG RADIUS_SET
Setting box to be an exact truncated octahedron, angle is 109.471221

PTRAJ: Processing input from "STDIN" ...

PTRAJ: trajin RNAP_openMD39_42.mdcrd
  Checking coordinates: RNAP_openMD39_42.mdcrd
./ptraj: line 1: 5109 Segmentation fault ptraj RNAP_open.prmtop

I applied all the new patches, recompiled (gcc on Red Hat enterprise 5) and the ToolSet passed all its test. Even with the patches does ptraj have trouble with large trajectories?? I have since switched over to "netCDF" hoping this will stop the problem.

Steve Seibold, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
University of Saint Mary