Re: [AMBER] AMBER 9 install gfortran, not need AmberTool

From: David Case <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:17:46 -0500

On Feb 14, 2011, at 9:47 PM, gromacs <ptf1242.163.com> wrote:

> cd leap; ./Run.tleap
> Error: ./tleap -> ../../exe/teLeap does not exist
> make: *** [test.leap] Error 1

You can check whether ../../exe/teLeap is present or not. If it is not, you will have to try to compile it, and see what error is encountered.

> So many unexpected error during the install process.
> Why not put a instruction on these process?

My fault, in a way. In the old days, /usr/local was a standard location for user programs. Many modern Linux and MacOS systems now make it hard for an inexperienced person to install there. It would have been better to suggest a location under the user's home directory.

Also, in the not-so-old days, Unix machines all had compilers and development tools available; now there is a laundry list of libraries that need to be fetched...see e.g. the Ubuntu page at the Amber web site.

But you should use this as an opportunity to learn how to read and understand error messages; it is almost certain that these won't be the last ones you will encounter.

...dac