Re: [AMBER] parametrization of sugar modified nucleic acids

From: <cieplak.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:25:19 -0800 (PST)

For developing charges for any type of nucleotides we run qm calculations
for base+sugar moiety then for di-methyl-phosphate to obtain electrostatic
potentials. And then we use RESP program to "sew" those two or more
molecules together using additional charge constraints, charge
equivalencing etc. (See: Cieplak et al. J.Comput.Chem. 16,1357-1377 (1995))
However, different scenarios for developing of electrostatic potentials
by fitting together several molecules can be thought of, as well, (which
we are exploring now).
The entire process of charge fitting could be faciliated by R.E.D. web
services/tools: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/

Best,
Piotr