Re: [AMBER] ptraj (AT 1.4) hiccups with gzipped trajectory files

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:40:46 -0500

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to get back to you so late. I think this worked; ptraj is telling
me:

PTRAJ: trajin ../production2.traj.gz
  Checking coordinates: ../production2.traj.gz
Rank: 0 Atoms: 65467 FrameSize: 1590874 TitleSize: 81 NumBox: 3 Seekable 1

I've never seen the last line before, but I'm assuming it's the new that
AmberTools writes things, right?

I was also wondering why I needed to make sure that I wasn't overwriting the
old copy of AmberTools when I was just going to recompile it anyway. When I
recompiled AmberTools after implementing the bugfix.all patch, I did so in a
different directory from the one where I originally compiled AmberTools. Can
I delete my first version?

Thanks a lot for all your help, Dan. I really appreciate it.

Kamali