Re: [AMBER] AMBER11 MMPBSA.py tutorial section 3.6

From: <Yokota_Akihiro.takeda.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:04:56 +0900

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your kind reply.

As you mentioned, PB energies can be decomposed to use geometrical
arguments to partition the grid points.
But I'd like to know how to do it and how accuracy it is,
because it might bring us ambiguous and inaccurate energies.

And you mean that I must read sander source code rather than MMPBSA.py
because sander calculates PB energies which are decomposed into each residue.
I checked temporary file of MMPBSA.py, and found 2 files below.
This shows me that PB energies are calculated by sander.
 Input file: _MMPBSA_pb_decomp_rec.mdin
 Output file: _MMPBSA_receptor_pb.mdout

So, I will read sander source code, and if I can't understand it,
I will ask someone who developed sander module.

Thank you for your kind reply.
And I am grateful to you for creating MMPBSA.py which can recognize
receptor and ligand automatically, and make sophisticated operations.

Best Regards,
Akihiro Yokota