Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda issues on Tesla S2050

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:26:43 -0800

Hi Sasha,

Wow, you really push the envelope. ;-)

The first issue is that as far as I am aware the current driver is only
designed to support 8 GPUS per OS. So this probably explains the
disappearing GPUs. You might need to escalate that directly with NVIDIAs
driver people. There may be a beta driver for more than 8 GPUs. Thus I would
be interested to know if you see the same problem if you run on a node with
8 or 6 GPUs in. I.e. is the lockup occurring because the driver is dropping
out one of the GPUs?

All the best
Ross