Re: [AMBER] Ionic strength in MM-PBSA

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 17:40:27 -0500

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu> wrote:

> This because istrng is the unit of mM, while saltcon is the unit of M ...
> please set istrng = 150 and try again ...

MMPBSA.py takes input as M and then converts it to mM for PBSA internally
(to maintain consistency with GB), so setting istrng will write out 150000
as the ionic strength in the sander input file. (This is mentioned in the
MMPBSA.py manual for those that are using that). For mm_pbsa.pl I believe
you have to input the value as mM, though, so this is something to be
careful of.

All the best,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,