Re: [AMBER] ptraj (AT 1.4) hiccups with gzipped trajectory files

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 12:51:22 -0500

Hi Dan and fellow AMBER users,

I've been having similar problems with ptraj reading in gzipped trajectories
after installing AmberTools v1.4 on my Mac. I've tried your most recent
patch from July 18th, 2010, Dan, but I keep getting this message when I type
in "patch -p0 -N < ptraj_2010-07-16-fixFilesize.patch":

patching file AmberTools/src/ptraj/ptraj.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2058.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 2418.
AmberTools/src/ptraj/ptraj.c.rej
patching file AmberTools/src/ptraj/io.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 673.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 698.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 739.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 766.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 705 (offset -85 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 728 (offset -85 lines).
AmberTools/src/ptraj/io.c.rej
patching file AmberTools/src/ptraj/io.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 76.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 97.
AmberTools/src/ptraj/io.h.rej

I think my problem may be more of a patching problem itself, or also the
fact that I might not have compiled AmberTools properly, but I thought I'd
start ask you, Dan, and Amber Mac users for a start.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

Kamali