Re: [AMBER] Energy calculation with namdenergy and amber

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:35:06 -0500

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011, Jakob Luchner wrote:

> I did an simulation of a short b-dna molecule (7 basepairs). After
> simulating I calculated the total energy and bonding energies (VdW,
> elec etc) with namdenergy. The energies don't match with the energies
> calculated by amber and listed in the out-files. The discrepancy is
> about 10%.

Be sure to check the "caveats" list on this page:

   http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.7/ug/node14.html

We are in the process of putting together a more detailed discussion of how to
get the same energies in namd and Amber, but it can be a rather tricky thing.
If people on the list have examples that work (or that don't work) it might be
worthwhile giving your experiences.

...thx...dac