Re: [AMBER] Doubts in the installation of Amber11

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:29:28 -0500

Hi Vani,

I would make the same suggestion with Ben, if you can use newer
version of gnu compiler set (gcc and gfortran) at least some of the
error can disappear. To be more specific,as far as i know, amber has
fortran77, fortran90, fortran95 and C code fragments in its source
code. This means, your compiler set should be able to run equivalently
with all those code standards. Unfortunately, gnu set (gcc and
gfortran) has recently reached to this state. I would say especially
starting from 4.3.x or 4.4.x they are (i believe) good for this kind
of a usage...

best
peker