Re: [AMBER] installing ambertools1.4

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:09:53 -0500

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011, Vijay Manickam Achari wrote:

> At the moment we have sgi4700 SMP machine and it is installed with
> amber10 and ambertools1.2. Here I would like inquire on how about
> upgrading ambertools to version 1.4 while remaining amber10. Is this
> involving compiling ambertools1.4 alone or need to do any tweaks? By the
> way do I need to uninstall previous version ambertools(version 1.2)if I
> want to upgrade? Please advice.

You should un-tar and install ambertools1.4 in a directory tree whose root
is "amber11"; keep what you already have under "amber10". For sure, do
not throw away version 1.2, nor should you un-tar ambertools1.4 on top of
version 1.2. You then would put amber11/bin in your path ahead of
amber10/bin, and set your AMBERHOME environment variable to the amber11
location.

...good luck...dac