Re: [AMBER] GPU vs CPU test

From: Scott Le Grand <SLeGrand.nvidia.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:12:48 -0800

Overall, I never expect quantitatively different calculations to produce the same result. Besides associative roundoff error (which can happen just by switching compilation modes on the same CPU), there is a difference in the precision model between GPU and CPU (remediable mostly by switching to use_DPDP compilation) and the random number generators between GPU and CPU are completely different, resulting in two different trajectories.

The last part is likely the most likely explanation for your divergence.