Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Query regarding unusual water box in vmd

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:29:21 +0100

Have you tried loading this pdb into vmd ?
There is nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell.
It visualizes perfectly fine in my system.

My guess is that the 'artifact' you saw is related to loading the
prmtop/crd combo into vmd using the wrong file types. You need to load
the crd from amber as crdbox.

Cheers
a.

On 1/25/11 11:22 AM, Hirdesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> Here I am attaching the pdb file for your reference.
>
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Jason Swails<jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can you attach your PDB? This is very strange behavior.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Hirdesh Kumar<hirdesh.iitd.gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I prepared my protein using tleap, solvated it in truncated octahedron
>>> using
>>> TIP3P watertype. But when I tried to visualize it using VMD the protein
>> is
>>> showing outside the waterbox. Is it some visualization problem or I have
>>> not
>>> prepared the waterbox correctly.
>>> Below mentioned is the commands which I used to solvate my protein.
>>>
>>> solvateoct com TIP3PBOX 10.0
>>>

>>> Here I want to add, when I developed the .pdb file and visualize it. In
>> VMD
>>> it is showing same unusual bonds and protein outside the waterbox. Same
>> pdb
>>> file in the pymol seems ok.
>>> Is it limitation of VMD or there is something wrong with my protein
>>> structure?
>>>

>>> Please give me your suggestion on this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hirdesh
>>>

>> --
>> Jason M. Swails
>> Quantum Theory Project,
>> University of Florida
>> Ph.D. Graduate Student
>> 352-392-4032

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
   Senior Editor. Journal of Physical Chemistry.
on Sabbatical in Barcelona until August 2011.
Email roitberg.ufl.edu