Re: [AMBER] LINMIN FAILURE using amber 11

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:38:32 -0500

Hi Jan,

On 11/1/2011, at 10:22 a.m., Jan Wahl wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> I'm going to try to use XMIN instead of the standard minimizer but i will get now an error
>

> ERROR in load_lbfgs(): YS=0
>

> some ideas???

I've used XMIN before and have received this error. It's common with explicit solvent. You're likely to struggle with XMIN unless you either (a) freeze all or most solvent molecules, or (b) minimise using implicit solvent (Generalised Born or Poisson-Boltzmann).

Hope that helps,

Ben

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.