Re: [AMBER] Mutational energy on the protein

From: Roman Osman <roman.osman.mssm.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 11:22:07 -0500

Hi,
    I think if you set up a thermodynamic cycle you can do it. One leg of
the cycle will be the mutation in gas phase, i.e., the inner and outer
dielectrics will be 1, then repeat it with the outer dielectric adjusted to
80. This is sort of turning the FEP cycle on its "head" (actually on its
side).
    Try it, it may work.
Rami