Re: [AMBER] REMD replicas blowing up

From: Janzsó Gábor <janzso.brc.hu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:19:16 +0100

Dear Dr. Simmerling,

The replicas have the same input coordinate file, namely the restart
file from the NPT run I used for relaxing the system. So there is no
way the box sizes could be different.

Following your advice, I've run a 5 ns md simulation at each
temperature, and all of the simulations finished correctly. I have
created the energy distribution histogram of each run as you
suggested, and there is sufficient overlap between the potential
energies (as far as I can tell). I have enclosed an image of the
histograms.
Since the md runs never crashed, I think the problem would be
something regarding the replica exchange step.
Any advice what should be the next thing I look into?

Thank you in forward,

Gabor Janzso