Re: [AMBER] GPU related issues/GTX400 series

From: Gould, Ian R <i.gould.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:44:08 +0000

Hi Scott,

Has anyone tried a GTX580 yet? If so do you know if the same problem as the GTX480 been observed? If not would I be correct in assuming that the firmware on a GTX580 is different to that on a GTX480 and therefore the problem on the 480's could be firmware and possibly correctable by flashing the firmware? Sorry for so many questions. I am currently running two C2050's in parallel and they have been rock steady running 60K atom simulations for 50ns with no observed problems. Also have an undergraduate project student running an 18k simulation on an old GTX260 for 10's of ns with again no problems. I may just take a punt and buy a GTX580 and see how it goes.

Cheers
Ian

"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability."
Oscar Wilde
-
Dr Ian R Gould
Senior Lecturer Biological and Biophysical Chemistry
Imperial College London
Exhibition Road
London
SW7 2AY