Re: [AMBER] how to configure/compile to get sander.RISM?

From: Tyler Luchko <tluchko.ualberta.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:29:24 -0500

Hi Magdalena,

Jason is right about the licensing issues with FFTW. We hope to sort this out and distribute sander.RISM but I'm not sure when this will be.

In the mean time 3D-RISM does work with NAB with identical keywords and almost identical features to sander.RISM. In NAB you cannot run multiple time step MD but the parallelism is more flexible, especially for small molecules. Sander limits the number of processes to the number of residues in the system but NAB does not. There are a few examples to get you started in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/test/nab.

3D-RISM functionality is automatically built into NAB when you build the serial version of AmberTools. For the parallel version, set XFLIBS and include '-rismmpi' when you configure.

Tyler