Re: [AMBER] How the box info is used

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 20:00:56 -0500 (CDT)

Tom - Thanks for the response. If I do not use any salt at all and just
use TIP3P water in between the 2 surfaces, the equilibrium trajectory does
not show any weird situation: Water molecules diffuse homogeneously in the
x and y direction. And when I look at the final structure (after using
'image' command in ptraj), I do not see any bubbles at the edges of the
unit cell. I see the bubbles forming when I use ions in the system. The
vdw parameters of the atoms on the surfaces are pretty high, but seeing a
regular behaviour in the water system implies me that it is not the
surface-water interaction causing this bubbles.

My system is similar to a membrane system, but with different conditions.
If I start with anisotropic pressure scaling (ntp=2), should I keep it
always in ntp=2? Or can I switch it back to ntp=1? I will try and see if
it will solve the bubble problem, but not seeing this problem in water
simulation makes me wonder why it does not work on 1M Na+ system.

Best regards,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =