Re: [AMBER] j-restrained peptide

From: Rossella Noschese <noschese.rossella.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:01:55 +0100

ok, I thought RMSd was from ideal dihedral angles, since that was the
restrain i fixed... thanks! (however, even if it only deals with valence
angles, would you think it's acceptable?)

sorry I wasn't very clear in my second question. It may be a trivial
question...however, in my second run, I had, for example, for VAL an output
of j=7.6Hz (that was very near to my observed averaged j). This corresponds
to a dihedral phi of about -85°. But when I measured it on my pdb it was
about -145°. I believe that this means that I am measuring theta (85+60) not
phi. Therefore, there is something wrong, if I am measuring a j which should
give me a phi of 85°, yet I am calculating 145.° Could it be related to the
j being averaged or not ? I assumed that the j in the output is not
averaged, but is precisely related to the "final" molecule, therefore, it
should be the precise conformation with that dihedral angle.