[AMBER] MMPBSA ligand/receptor selections

From: Logan Ahlstrom <logana.email.arizona.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:14:20 -0700

I am currently running MMPBSA calculations (with perl scripts) on a
particular protein-protein interface. However, the “receptor” and “ligand”
designations I need for this interface are non-consecutive in sequence. For
example, for a complex with 4000 atoms, I want the ligand to be atoms 1-1000
and 2001-3000, and I want to specify the receptor as atoms 1001-2000 and
3001-4000. In the input script I want to specify something like the
following, but I do not know the correct syntax or if it’s even possible:

BOX NO

NTOTAL 4000

NSTART 1

NSTOP 250

NFREQ 1

#

NUMBER_LIG_GROUPS 1

LSTART 1

LSTOP 1000

LSTART 2001

LSTOP 3000

NUMBER_REC_GROUPS 1

RSTART 1001

RSTOP 2000

RSTART 3001

RSTOP 4000

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any input would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Logan S. Ahlstrom
University of Arizona