Re: [AMBER] Protein Folding

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:34:02 -0400

i don't think you can presently take the extended chain and use TMD to make
it fold- not for something this large. the problems is that it will become
compact and then to get it properly folded it will likely need to unfold and
re-collapse many times (since chains can't pass through each other). doing
folding using MD is very difficult- even with many restraints.
if it's just for aesthetics, I suggest taking the known structure and then
heating it in MD until it unfolds, then run the trajectory reverse in time
for making the movie. it's not the right science, but just for a movie
you'll save huge effort..