Re: [AMBER] Aromatic C and N atom type problems in Antechamber

From: Gabriel Rocklin <gabriel.rocklin.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:21:00 -0700

Hi Junmei,

Thanks again for your response. Sorry about the delay on my part - I just
came back from vacation.

I do think that a new atom type should be introduced for nitrogens in fused
aromatic rings. As I said, it seems wrong for tetrahedral N parameters to
be used for a planar N, expecting that improper dihedral parameters will
force the molecule into a planar conformation. I hope this can be fixed in
future version of GAFF.

In the meantime, because my molecules are all rigid and I simply want the
conformations to be correct, I will change the dihedral parameters so that
the molecules are planar.

Thanks,
Gabriel

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Junmei Wang <Junmei.Wang.utsouthwestern.edu