Re: [AMBER] magnesium ion parametrization question

From: InSuk Joung <i.joung.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:10:52 -0400

Hi,
If your magnesium has no bond, only parameters you can change are LJ
parameters and charge of the ion.
If you want to adjust LJ parameters, you should prepare frcmod file and put
the numbers below NONB section. Default atom type for magnesium ion is 'MG'
in ff99-series. If you want to change the charge, use 'set' command in
leap. Default residue name is MG2. So, if your initial model is from a pdb
file, rename the residue name with MG2 for the magnesium ion.
However, you should be aware that current model of MG (in ff99-series) may
not represent your model correctly.

Best,
InSuk Joung