Re: [AMBER] magnesium ion parametrization question

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:02:56 +0400

As I remember I was trying to do something with zinc, I wonder if I need to do the same with magnesium.
As I remember I have made manually .frcmod file which I have then converted to prepin file, which I have used to create the zinc.off file library, which I have loaded
when I was parametrizing the protein.
I wonder if I need to do the same with the magnesium ion, or not. I also rememebr that I have used command set charge to set the charge to the zinc ion...that was I guss befor saving zinc.off file maybe....

> desc mg
UNIT name:
Head atom: null
Tail atom: null
Contents:
R<MG 300>
> set charge +2 300
set: Argument #2 is type Double must be of type: [string]
   or: set default <parameter> <value>
> set charge +2 MG 300
set: Improper number of arguments!
   or: set default <parameter> <value>

Best regards,
Andrew

[voronkov.t60-2 rab23]$ tleap
-I: Adding /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/prep to search path.
-I: Adding /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/lib to search path.
-I: Adding /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/parm to search path.
-I: Adding /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/cmd to search path.

Welcome to LEaP!
(no leaprc in search path)
> source leaprc.gaff
----- Source: /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.gaff
----- Source of /home/osolodkin/amber10/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.gaff done
Log file: ./leap.log
Reading title:
AMBER General Force Field for organic mol., add. info. at the end (June, 2003)
> mg = loadpdb mg.pdb
Unknown residue: MG number: 0 type: Terminal/last
.relaxing end constraints to try for a dbase match
  -no luck
Creating new UNIT for residue: MG sequence: 300
Created a new atom named: MG within residue: .R<MG 300>
  total atoms in file: 1
  The file contained 1 atoms not in residue templates
> set charge mg 2+
set: Argument #2 is type Unit must be of type: [string]