[AMBER] calculate free energies using TI

From: Joćo Sardinha <joao.sardinha.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:01:55 +0100

Dear Amber users

I am interested to estimate the absolute binding free of a receptor R to a
ligand L using the soft core methodology.
The soft core will be used for the annihilation of L inside and outside of
receptor using an equivalent approach described in the amber tutorial
(second step, the vdw parameters change). However I have some concerns about
the topologies files used.
For instance for the association R:L, the topology file for the process V0
is obviously the topology file created with solvated R:L, but for V1 process
I am not sure that the topology file to be used is topology file created
only with R (without L). I am assuming that coordinates of two crd files for
both processes are identical apart of the coordinates of L.

This simulation will be carry on with atomic charges of L off and
consequently a positional restraint will be used. In this case I think
that its necessary to setup the dvdl_norest parameter (pag. 101 of amber
manual) to a value .ne. 0 in order the potential energy from positional
restraints will be not counted into DV/DL.

I would like to know the opinion of an expert in TI simulations
Thank you very much in advance for any help

Joao

--
*Joćo*