Re: [AMBER] sphere_problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:54:56 -0400

Hello,

As was mentioned in the previous email, I think you need to use either a
rectangular box or a truncated octahedron for PBC. In any case, periodic
boundaries for spheres are not well defined as far as I know.

Good luck,
Jason

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, balaji nagarajan <balaji_sethu.hotmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear amber !
>
> I have solvated a peptide with the solvent using packmol
> the solvent (organic ) is not in the amber library .
>
> I have enclosed the peptide in the solvent sphere .
>
> Now I tried minimising the system with ntb=1 ,
>
> but the minimization stopped , when i gave the ntb=0 , the minimization was
> done .
>
> This is also the same problem like the solvateshell ? as i earlier asked
> or else it is possible to fix the
> periodic boundary for a sphere ?
>
> I would like to know the interaction between the solvent and the
> solute is it possible to do in amber ?
>

> thanks in advance

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida