[AMBER] mm_pbsa dependence on GB 0 or GB 1

From: Antonija Tomić <Antonija.Tomic.irb.hr>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:14:11 +0200

Dear All,

I have a question regarding mm-pbsa calculations.
I'm little confused by the way mm-pbsa calculates MM energies. I've
enzyme-ligand complex for which I have tried to calculate binding
energies selecting different dielectric constant for complex, from 1
to 20.
When I choose to calculate both GB (GB=1) and PB (PB=1) in
mm_pbsa_Binding.in script, MM energies, more precisely ELE term, seems
not to depend on dielectric constant, i.e. I always get the same value
for ELE. On the other hand, when I switch off GB calculations (using
GB 0 in mm_pbsa_Binding.in script) values for ELE are scaled according
to selected dielectric constant.
Why is this happening?

Meanwhile I have also tried to compare these results with those
obtained using APBS program, to be more precise PBCAL value, using the
same parameters as in mm-pbsa. PQR files for APBS were derived using
ambpdb option. The values I get with APBS differ significantly with
those obtained with mm_pbsa. Does anyone has experience with this?

Kind regards,
Antonija